Monday, 2 May 2011

If

If I could steal the colours of dawn
Every shade of the morn and every hue
Of each beautiful new day that's born
I would my love give them all to you
If I could wrap dewdrops in rainbows
Every single twinkling drop of dew
On each tender petal of the rose
I would my love gift them all to you
The breath of air under eagle's wings
The smell of the earth after the rain
The first sweet song that a bird sings
The sands of the desert, every grain
I would give you all of these fine things
If I could my love just see you again
© Rose

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, but the poem was so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I could steal the colours of dawn
    Every shade of the morn and every hue
    Of each beautiful new day that's born
    I would my love give them all to you"
    This is truely amazing! favorie piece, and this quote gives me so much inspiration. i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is as sweet a scent of rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful love poem but so sad. There is a kind of piquancy about it that is quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,
    Thank you! It did turn out a bit sad didn't it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Felicity,
    Thank you, good to see you around again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Unknowngnome,
    Thank you kindly dear sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mystic Musician,
    Thank you, sometimes poems just turn out how they are intended to I guess?
    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could change the world do it with your smile
    so as to dream again, always forever.
    Thanks for visit Rose
    Morris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morris,
    I wish you sweet dreams :) always and forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. But what will you give to new love if you've given all?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daniel, Daniel,
    When you promise all that to a love that has died you don't think of new love tut, tut :))
    Actually, I'm sure I will think of something :P *chuckles*

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!! Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.